Friday, October 27, 2006

Questions That Really Matter

I've spent three days trying to come up with something to write 500 words about that didn't include the words "basher" or "Buddington" in it. I hope Eric and everybody who's bashed anybody in the last two weeks will appreciate this.

In that spirit, I'm holding a referendum on the important stuff. We need to get the opinions of the community-at-large on the TRUE quality-of-life issues. So, let's vote, on the first Northern Berkshire Blogosphere Survey On The Questions That Really Matter. We'll start slow, and see if anybody really gives a crap enough to continue.
  • Best Coffee Shop (points for or against weirdo drinks, food, ambiance, as you wish):
    • Brew Ha Ha
    • Cup & Saucer
    • Dunkin' Donuts
    • Tunnel City Coffee

  • Best Angioplasty On A Plate For $10 or Less:
    • China Buffet
    • Hot Dog Ranch
    • Jack's
    • Oriental Buffet
    • Pedrin's

  • Best Quick Nine Holes:
    • Forest Park
    • North Adams CC
    • Stamford Valley

  • Best Food-Based Fundraising Event To Attend:
    • Ice Cream Social
    • Pancake Breakfast
    • Regular Breakfast
    • Spaghetti Supper

    I can't resist a political one to rouse the rabble. OK, two:

  • Most Annnoying Left-Wing Public Personality (Control yourselves, now. No write-ins):
    • Hillary Clinton
    • Howard Dean
    • Michael Moore
    • Cindy Sheehan
    • Barbra Streisand

  • Most Annnoying Right-Wing Public Personality (Tough as it may be, vote for only one):
    • George W Bush
    • Dick Cheney
    • Ann Coulter
    • Karl Rove
    • Donald Rumsfeld
So vote, if you'd like, on any or all of these categories by leaving a comment or emailing. And if you have any suggestions on additions to the library of Questions That Really Matter (I'm allowing anonymous comments on this post for a few days), let me know!

7 Comments:

At Sat Oct 28, 01:48:00 AM EDT, Blogger Ross said...

My own votes:

Dunkin Donuts: the best coffee by far. Loses points in ambiance but barely scrapes by Brew Ha Ha when you add in the Drive-Thru.

Jack's: yeah, the Ranch has a bar, but Jack wins on service, if you can believe it. Those buffets--ugh. Go with God, should you choose to eat there.

Stamford Valley: wins for ease of walking ability. Too cheap to rent a cart for only 9.

Spaghetti Suppers: meatballs are Nature's Perfect Food. They're spheres, and they're meat. Little meat spheres. How does it get any better, from a food perspective?

Barbra Streisand. Ugh. Shut up, please. Just stop trying to be political. Just sing, or do whatever you call whatever it is you do. I'll give you $5 if you can prove to me that anyone thinks your opinion really matters.

This last one really, seriously took a lot of wrestling with. They're all such great candidates for so many reasons. But there can be only one, and I went with Ann Coulter. Yes, she is thoroughly vile, but the thing that truly clinched it for her is the fact that she has absolutely no redeeming qualities. She can't write. She's never changed anyone's mind who didn't already agree with her, and she's not really interested in doing that. The others all have expertise at something. Coulter, on the other hand, is just so wrong about so many things on so many levels and so loud and shrill about it that she beats even Cheney for this one.

 
At Sat Oct 28, 10:55:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coffee - who cares I grind my own
Food - Pedrin's best overall, but Jacks is awesome as well
Golf Course - NACC - best deal in the county. Short but you must be accurate.
Food Benefits's - avoid them - food is lousy - I'll make a donate but skip the event.
Left Wing - Clinton
Right Wing - Coulter but she is getting her do. But just about every right wing wacko annoys me.

 
At Sun Oct 29, 08:45:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excuse me- but how does Wes Flinn get most annoying "right wing" and I get most annoying "left wing" on CJT's post???? what is he?? dyslexic???? chbpod

 
At Mon Oct 30, 08:09:00 AM EST, Blogger Wes said...

I for one look at it as zen humor.

WF

 
At Mon Oct 30, 10:19:00 AM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ross look at the number of comments you get when you open up your comment section. If your into that thing, I think you would have a much more popular blog by allow "anonymous" posts (after all aren't we all anonymous to someone). I, for one, would enjoy many dicussions with you (as I learn something every time I get into a thread) but I'm ethically bound not to give into the whole "no anonymous posts". I think I have proven again and again, how silly that requirement really is and you can always block by IP if you need to.

Just a thought.

 
At Mon Oct 30, 12:22:00 PM EST, Blogger Ross said...

Snoop--you're right. Guilty as charged, of injudicious prior restraint. I just hope that anonymous people will behave themselves and realize that part of the ethos here is to make one's point by persusasion and discussion rather than pissing contests and character attacks.

A man can dream, at least.

Chris--yeah, you saw the slip of the finger and the first 2/3 of the post I'm writing about Deval Patrick. I've paid a lot more attention to the state senate race this season because of my and Tara's involvement, but seeing as how it's all over but the shouting now (25+ points in the last RealClearPolitics and Globe/Ch. 4 polls), I wanted to open it up to some thoughts on the coming Patrick administration. I'll probably finish that one during or right after lunch.

And I said no write-ins!

 
At Tue Oct 31, 09:12:00 AM EST, Blogger Andrew Etman said...

Coffee - Ugh! Gimme a Diet Coke!
Angioplasty - Jack's, by a quadruple Bypass!
Best 9 Holes - Stamford. Can't argue with you..
Fundraiser - Pancake Breakfast. Gets you up at at 'em.
Worst Leftie - Sheehan. It's all drivel, but hers is unintelligent.
Worst Rightie - Ann Coulter. And she's unattractive, also.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home