Monday, November 06, 2006

A Short Aside on the NY 20th Congressional Race

I wanted to comment on the race for Congress we see coming out of Albany TV--the total debacle for the NY 20th District seat being staged by Democrat Kirsten Gillibrand and incumbent Republican John Sweeney.

Both of them should be ashamed. If I lived over the border in Columbia County I wouldn't vote for either one of 'em. If there's a grain of truth in either of the campaigns they're running, they're both corrupt, incompetent, and out for personal gain instead of the interest of the people of eastern New York. Gillibrand wants to shred my money in a shredder and Sweeney wants to take my money and spend it on booze and broads.

The ads have degenerated into schoolyard taunts of "Liar, liar, pants on fire" and "Nyah, nyah". Sweeney has his wife in one ad baiting Gillibrand; Gillibrand counters with calling him one of the 20 most corrupt Congressmen. The DCCC and RCCC are getting their chops in as well, but the "I approve this ad" ads right from the campaigns are the worst of the lot.

It ain't my district, but the winner goes to my U.S. Congress, so I get to care, and here's my thought: they've both simultaneously succeeded in painting the other as unworthy for the office. So not only does one candidate lose, so do the several hundred thousands of residents of New York State. Good job, guys. This is why people hate politicians.

1 Comments:

At Tue Nov 07, 07:37:00 AM EST, Blogger Andrew Etman said...

One of my Professors at Mcla has a kid working for Gillibrand, so we can claim some of the dirt...heeheehee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home